CoriArt

This site is for information on using Corian for art, furniture, awards etc. It is not just for countertops anymore. For more about getting Corian or supplies, visit http://sites.google.com/site/coriartinc/

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Repairing Corian® Introduction

I cannot believe that I have been away from this for so long. When I started this blog, I thought that I would have time to to do projects and artwork. I have been very busy with production and helping customers.

One of the things that has been taking a lot of time has been helping people with cracks on their solid surface countertops and sinks. I have developed several techniques for doing these repairs. I find myself repeating myself for each new customer. So, I will use this to display my findings and techniques so that people can get what they need and repair many accidents to their countertops themselves.

This will be a work in progress and will probably become a booklet we can add to "Working with Corian in the Home Workshop" by duPont, which we distribute freely now.

You can help by putting questions in the Comments of this Blog.

I hope this helps every one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A crack in the bottom of my sink basin, that was repaired by previous owner, has started leaking again (at least 10 years later). Do you have suggestions on how to repair this?

2:33 PM  
Anonymous tom.seitz@comcast.net said...

Our Corian backsplash behind the slide-in range has cracked for the third time. DuPont sent repair person twice, but they now say heat caused the crack and they will not honor guarantee any longer. Crack runs from base support for range (approx. 3")and up the backsplash about 8". How do we repair the crack or remove backsplash from back of range? Thank you.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats